Amit Bhatt is a dynamic gregarious person, devotes a most of the part of his life in societal development.
He is a creative organizer and believes in social networking of the people. Thus he established an open discussion forum by the name of ‘SayEverything’ in December 2005 for people with disabilities with an objective of providing an inclusive platform to the users for the discussion on various useful topics of common interests and as well as connecting the differentially abled and enable-bodied people through online public interaction Board at the global international level. He has organized convention of SayEverything group in year 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2013 respectively in various states of India in order to spread the awareness about disability and abilities of the visually challenged people.
Besides his social networking and community development endeavors, Amit has been working on several evangelistic efforts including speaking at conferences, presenting webinars, organizing social/cultural events, presenting radio programs and so forth.
His keen interest towards radio broadcasting helped him to become a 1st blind Sports Reporter for All India Radio, Delhi during year 2002-2005. Amit Bhatt had interviewed some renowned personalities like Former International Test Cricket Empire, Mr. S. K. Bansal and National Cricket Coach, Mr. Guru Charan Singh while broadcasting reports on the Radio.
He later became a well-liked RJ amongst listeners for a prominent program, “Ek Mulaqat” broadcasted on Radio Udaan in India and across the World during the period of Feb 2014 to Feb 2015.
Ek Mulaqat was a show that indebted to provide the interviews of those achievers who excelled in life.
Amit was also a presenter, Sound Editor and Producer of a popular radio show: “Only for Broken Hearts” broadcasted on Radio Udaan since April 2018 to September 2018.
Only for Broken Hearts was a show to bring new ray of hope to the people who lost the will and happiness in their life.
He had also recorded some interviews for a prominent radio program, “Eyeway Ye Hai Roshni ka Karvan” in 2006 produced by Score Foundation, Delhi.Amit Bhatt is the 2007 recipient of “Shri Lalji Mehrotra Foundation Award for Excellence” by National Society for Equal Opportunities for the Handicapped, Mumbai, India.
He is also a winner of Colloquium 2014 in 10 minutes presentation delivered on “Realistic Accessibility Testing” at QA Infotech.
He was also selected for “Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali ati vishisht pratibha samman (award,) by Uttrakhand Film evam Natya Sansthan on 24th Dec 2016 in Delhi.
He has professional experience of more than 10 years in corporate sector including 3 plus years in web accessibility testing. Presently Amit is working as an Assistant Manager in United Bank of India.
Before starting his career in Corporate in 2004, Amit Bhatt completed bachelor degree in Political Science HONS from Reputed Hindu College of Delhi University in the same year. He successfully completed his schooling in 2001 from GLT. Saraswati Baal Mandir under the integrated education program of NAB, Delhi.
He also pursued 6 months Certificate course in Diploma in Computer Application and Access Technology with grade (A) from National Association for the Blind, Delhi in year 2001.
Amit Bhatt has not confined himself to any solitary area in his life but his interests and leadership skills helped him to lead in many other fields too.
He played the role of a Blind Cameraman under the project run by “Unite for Sight,” an American NGO in New Delhi in 2009.
He was an Assistant Trainer in “The Dialogue in the Dark,” a business workshop held at Hindustan Times Leadership submit in Nov 2008 and Trainer for the similar workshop held at Indian Business School, Hyderabad in Feb 2010.
He is a very good adviser and possess excellent management skills. Thus he was selected as one of adviser members in the establishment of Swayam Shakti Foundation Delhi in 2006.
Amit was also a Joint Secretary for Indian Association of the Blind, Delhi for quite some time
He has always been ready to perform in various curriculum and cultural activities being organized in the Country. He participated in Mountain expedition/adventure tour organized by Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling in 1995 and trecking expedition organized by Shri Arvindo Ashram, Nainitaal in 1999.
During entire School life, Amit received numerous awards and attended more than 35 Certificates in the competition like Speech, Extempore, poetry, Essay writing, GK and he was a best debater for many years during his School time.
His recent Article: “Let’s warm up to the growing need for digital accessibility” was published at TechWell on 8th Jan 2015.
His success stories were also covered by Hindustan Times (Noida Adition) on 3 Feb 2015 and Mail Today of Times of India on 8 Feb 2015 respectively.
Amit was invited as a expert speaker by News Nation Television for participating in the show: “Sab Kuch Dikhta hai in Year 2018.
Besides the above, His main participations in conferences/seminars are cited below:
• Participated as a Panelist in the Webinar on “Noone left behind, lets embrace accessibility testing,” jointly organized by QA Infotech Pvt. Ltd. And Nasscom Foundation on 12 Sep 2014.
• Participated as a Speaker in the Webinar on “Mobile Usability and Accessibility Testing” organized by QA Infotech Pvt. Ltd. On 13 Aug 2014.
• Presented paper on “Facing the challenges in professional life and becoming a Role Model” in the conference (Enable India 2010” organized by Utthan Prayas foundation at India Habitat Centre, Delhi on 10 Mar 2010.
• Presented paper on “Role of the voluntary organizations in the sphere of technology and employment for the sightless people” in the National Seminar, How the Sightless Shape the Civil Society organized by Progressive Society for the Sightless People in New Delhi on 05-06 Nov 2009.
• Participated and organized a cultural event in 2nd convention of Access India, a Mailing List dedicated to visually impaired users held at Blind People’s Association, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India on 21-22 Sep 2008.
• Participated in Techshare India 2008, India’s 1st International Accessibility and Assistive Technology Conference and Exhibition, held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 04-05 Feb 2008.
• Anchored the stage programme of Radio Udaan Convention 2019 held at Andheri Sports Complex, Mumbai on 2nd-3rd Feb 2019.
Amit Bhatt has expertise and special skills in social networking, radio broadcasting, sound editing, event organizing, web content writing, public speaking, software accessibility testing, banking and so on.